Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fighting Falcons





This was only the third time Phoenix and Fresno played each other this season? It felt like they were old rivals playing at the end of a home-and-home series.

There were several fights in Saturday night’s game and it reminded me, a little bit, of old time hockey. Since the fighting, this season, in the NHL and ECHL is sparse, compared to the past, it was kind of refreshing – in a twisted way – to see all the fights.

I’m not saying there needs to be more or less fighting; I’m perfectly entertained by pure hockey. But, it is fun to watch some “old time” hockey – twisted as that may be.

1 comment:

Nick Belardes said...

I'm going to have to go to a Fresno game to see a fight, I just know it. The Condors aren't fighters like they have been in the past... I keep seeing this, "You-wouldn't-hit-a-guy-with-glasses-on" mentality... OK, there, a minor criticism of the Condors... now go squawk at yourself, you damn Falcon flapper!